Child Care Vaccination Cautions for Before After Vaccion
Cautions for Before & After Vaccination
Cautions for Before-Vaccination
- The child should be accompanied by a caregiver who is fully aware of the child’s health status.
- Be sure to check the child’s temperature at home.
- Be sure to bring the Health Notebook to leave vaccination records.
- Be sure to bathe the child a day before vaccination and dress her in a tidy manner.
- Be sure not to bring a child who is not scheduled to receive vaccination to prevent possible infections.
Cautions for After-Vaccination
- Be sure to observe the child for 20 to 30 minutes after vaccination at the place where it was administered.
- Be sure to closely observe the child for 3 hours or more after returning home.
- Be sure not to let the child engage in intense exercise on the very day and the day after vaccination.
- Be sure to keep the vaccine-injected area clean.
- Be sure to take extra care to observe the child for at least 3 days after vaccination. If high fever or spasms occur, be sure to contact a doctor promptly for an accurate diagnosis.
- Be sure to let the child sleep in a straight position.
Cautions to be taken before and after the vaccination
- A child with a history of intense allergic reaction to vaccines or vaccine additives
- A child in a state of immune deficiency or immune suppression
- A child with leukemia, lymphoma, and other types of malignant cancer
- A child receiving immune suppression treatment
- A child with an acute and serious disease that accompanies high or mild fever
- A child who has come down with encephalopathy within 7 days after vaccination
- A child with progressive nerve system imbalance (e.g., infant spasm, uncontrlilable epilepsy, progressive encephalopathy etc.)
- A child who has just recently received a gammaglobulin injection, serum injection or blood transfusion
Be sure to consult with your attending physician for the above cases.