Childcare Information Information on application to be on admission waiting list
Information on application to be on admission waiting list
The directors of childcare centers show people on the admission waiting list on a real-time basis so that parents and guardians who wish to use childcare center service can apply to be on the waiting list online.
Target childcare centers
Parents and guardians can send in an application to be on the waiting list for admission to the target childcare centers (workplace and parent cooperative childcare centers excluded).
For childcare centers located in Seoul, the existing childcare web portal service of Seoul Metropolitan City(iseoul.seoul.go.kr) is used.
Time of waiting list registration: All year round
Number of childcare centers for application: Two for children currently attending childcare center, three for children not attending childcare center
Scope of children subject to application: Children aged between 0 and 5 (up to 12 for children with disabilities)
Scoring for Admission
- For the first class, 100 points per item (200 points for children of whom both parents are employed)/ For the second class, 50 points per item
- In case of a child to whom only the second class items are applicable, he or she cannot take precedence over a child of the first class even if the total score is the same or higher.
- In case the scores for the first class items are the same, points are added only when the second class items are applicable.
- In case of a competition within the same class, the order is decided according to the order of application.
Method of application to be on admission waiting list
- (Online Application) A parent or a guardian applies for admission in i-Sarang, a pregnancy and childcare web portal (www.childcare.go.kr).
- (Application through Visit to Childcare Center) A parent or a guardian visits a childcare center and hands in an application.
- STEP 1Register child
- Register your child for admission to childcare center.
- STEP 2Search a childcare center
- Search childcare centers and select one for application.
- STEP 3Apply for waiting list
- Send an application to be on the admission waiting list.
- STEP 4Admission targets confirmed
- Childcare centers check the order of applicants on the waiting list and confirm admission targets.
- STEP 5Submit documents for admission
- The directors of childcare centers must collect and check admission-related documents from parents and guardians with an exception of data on qualification, which are automatically submitted.
- STEP 6Admission processed
- The directors of childcare centers process admission of children according to the order on the waiting list.
Regulations on Preferential Provision of Childcare Service
- The targets of preferential childcare service provision are prescribed in Article 28 of the Infant Care Act, Article 21-4 of the Enforcement Decree of the same Act and Article 29 of the Enforcement Rule of the same Act.
- Beneficiaries under the National Basic Living Security Act (statutory)
- Children of persons eligible for protection under Article 5 of the Single Parent Family Support Act
- Children of the second classes of needy under Article 24 of the National basic Living Security Act (income by 120% or less of the minimum cost of living)
- Children of disabled persons of the grade of disability or higher prescribed by Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Family Affairs from among the disabled persons under Article 2 of the Welfare of Disabled Persons Act (parents with disabilities)
※ ‘Persons with disabilities of the same or higher degrees than those prescribed by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health and Welfare’ refer to the following:
Enforcement Rule of the Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities (http://www.law.go.kr/)
- Those with disabilities of degree 1 or 2 from the disability degrees listed in Annex 1 of the Enforcement Rule of the Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities
- Those with mental disabilities or autistic disorders of degree 3 from the disability degrees listed in Annex 1 of the Enforcement Rule of the Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities that also have other disabilities
- Infants living in child welfare facilities
- Infants of whom both parents are employed View Details
※ Principle applied to and documents to be submitted for infants of whom both parents are employed
- Children of which both parents are working (employed)
- Definition of Employment by Principle: Working for 8 hours a day (including lunch break) and 20 days or more per month
- Including single-parent families where the parent is working or employed
- Proof of Employment: If is recognized that the parents are employed when both parents submit the following documents:
1 copy of proof of employment, contract of appointment or employment contract (mandatory) and 1 copy of confirmation of qualification for employee health insurance subscription (National Health Insurance Service) or certificate of national pension subscription (National Health Service) or 1 copy of certificate of tax payment for grade 1 income, labor income withholding receipt (employment agency), employment/ wage confirmation or amount of income certificate
- Self-employed: Certificate for business registration (mandatory) and 1 copy of income certificate (tax office) or certificate of value added tax base (tax office)
- · Newly self-employed individuals (less than 1 year since the date of business registration specified in the certificate for business registration) must submit income declaration receipt (tax office) or sales ledger* of the established business.
1 copy of evidentiary document (credit card sales slip or cash invoice)
- ㆍSubmission of alternative documents in case that evidentiary documents for sales are not available or information entered in the sales ledger does not match that in the evidentiary data is not accepted.
- ㆍIn case the business is owned jointly by both the husband and the wife, it must be specified in the submitted document.
- ㆍIndividuals working in the agricultural industry are to submit the certificate of confirmation as a farmer or the certificate of agricultural company registration (issued by National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service) together with proof of sales.
1 copy of agricultural products sales contract or certificate of sales
- The directors of childcare centers are to thoroughly check the documents of employment certification and can request for additional evidentiary documents (employee ID card) as necessary.
- Graduate School Student: Certificate of enrollment
- Vocational Trainees: 1 copy of certification of career-interrupted women’s participation in vocational training/ certificate of the training completion (issued under the name of the director of Reemployment Support Center for the Career-interrupted Women) or completion of certificate of job seeking registration in WORKNET (issued under the name of/ by directors of WORKNET branches, director of Reemployment Support Center for the Career-interrupted Women and local government)
Registration for job seeking for at least three months prior to the date of admission to childcare center to be specified in the submitted documents
- Infants of multicultural families defined in Subparagraph 1, Article 2 of the Multicultural Families Support Act
※ Documents for identification of infants from multicultural families according to Subparagraph 1, Article 2 of the Multicultural Families Support Act
- Copy of resident registration (marriage immigrants and naturalized individuals to be listed in the register) or certificate of family relations and certificate of alien registration
- In case the certificate of alien registration is not available, a certificate of the evidence supporting alien registration (Korea Immigration Service) must be submitted.
- Among marriage immigrants, those who have acquired the nationality of foreign countries as prescribed in Subparagraph 2, Article 2 of the Act on the Immigration and Legal Status of Overseas Koreans must submit a certificate of evidence regarding immigration (proof of residence abroad for 15 years or longer).
- Infants from families with three or more children or with two infants
- Children of people working in companies located in industrial complexes or supporting organizations who use childcare centers located in the industrial complexes
- Children of people working in companies and organizations that have installed childcare centers and donated them to the state or local governments who use the respective childcare centers
- Children of people living in apartment housing as defined in the Housing Act who use childcare centers installed by the respective apartment housing as privet centers and then converted to national or public centers through donation to the state or local governments
- Children of single-parent families/ grandparent-headed families andadopted children
- Children of which siblings are attending childcare center
Ex.) In case of admission in March, it is not applicable to children of whom the siblings attending childcare center enter elementary school in March.
※Siblings must be attending childcare center as of the date of the admission.
- Infants other than those in the first and second classes